Fruits- the gifts of Mother Nature
“An apple a day keeps doctor away”-you all must have heard of this proverb. Not only apples but mostly all fruitsare the most nutritious food you can think of. Though not much liked by many, they are the best source of vitamins and minerals. The different fruits we see in the market have different nutritive values and it has far reaching health benefits. And if you are hungry and too tired to cook yourself food, then fruits are the best option. They are said to bring glow on your skin and help a great deal in maintenance of your body health. The varied colours and shapes are absolute feast to our sight apart from being loaded with the beneficial elements.
You can make salads and even garnish your dishes with the colourful fruits and make your dishes such as cakes and pastries even more vibrant besides
making it healthy. You can also go for a freshly made juice of your favourite food on a hot summer day to revive yourself. If you are too lazy to do all this stuff, then don’t think much and just pick up your choice from your well set fruit basket at home. I bet your mummy will surely be awestruck to see you do so.
Food value of fruits
- Fruits contain a huge amount of dietary fibres and essential nutrients which are not generally consumed. They include vitamin C, folate, and potassium.
- Potassium helps in maintenance of the blood pressure. You can get ample amount of it if you choose fruits such as bananas, oranges, apricots, prunes.
- They are also low in fat and calories, so if you are planning on a diet make sure to keep a considerable amount of fruits in your diet chart.
- Fruits fibres help in reduce the blood cholesterol and this reduces risks of heart diseases. They are also important for maintaining the proper bowel function too. That is why constipation problems can be avoided when good amount of fruits is taken.
- Vitamin C in fruits helps in repairing of body tissues and healing of injuries. It also helps in keeping teeth and gums healthy.
- Folic acid in fruits helps in production of RBC. Women should have them more often because this reduces the risk of defects in the neural tube.
Health benefits assured
- Obesity can be controlled if fibrous fruits are included in your diet.
- Risk of type 2 diabetes also reduces.
- You can be sure to get complements from your because you would have a glow in your skin. Moreover, your facial charges will be saved no doubt.
- Needless to say vitamin supplements do not do the same benefits as fruits do so the sources of nutrients such as flavonoids and carotenoids are irreplaceable.
- Even researchers say that you can live longer if fruits are part of your daily diet.
So why delay when you have so many benefits of eating fruits. You can also send your love and well wishes to your loved ones by sending them fruit hampers too.